As we celebrate our tenth anniversary all year long, we are remembering some of our favorite invitations that we’ve had the pleasure of designing over the past ten years. Check out our list of our 10 (actually there are 11 since it was impossible to just choose 10!) memorable wedding invitations. Now we’re counting down 10 of our most memorable Mitzvah invitations.
Throughout 2016 we have been reflecting back on ten years of wonderful clients and memorable events. Being a part of your weddings, Mitzvahs, communions, baby showers, and birthdays has been a true pleasure. We are inspired every day by the enthusiasm and creativity of our clients and colleagues. To honor ten years of memories and ten years of support from hundreds of couples, families, and friends, here is a list of ten of our most memorable wedding invitations created by RSVP to me.
(P.S. Okay, we’re guilty! We couldn’t just pick ten invites after ten years of working with amazingly creative clients, so here are eleven of our favorites!)
Romantic Glitter and Lace: Breanne and Matthew
We love the pairing of different textures and colors in these invites: the metallic champagne pocket fold, the delicate ivory lace, the shimmering rhinestone buckle, the soft silk ribbon, and the glittering border. The design is classically romantic and perfectly embodies the image of an elegant bride and her classy groom.
Wistful Romance: Danielle and Lev
“Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and is sealed with a vow.” No truer statement could be used to describe the significance of the bride and groom’s wedding day. We love the whimsical script with long, flowing wistful lines. The pale pink and gold colors perfectly compliment the romantic, idealistic sentiment of the prose.
Modern Design Meets Functional Form: Tina and Laki
Truly creative wedding invitations should be just as much about form and function as style and design. We love how each piece of this wedding invitation package is held together with a darling silver grommet. The swinging panels remind us of swinging, dancing wedding guests. The perforated reply card is fun and unique. The form and function is perfectly paired with clean lines, a modern font, and the contemporary look of silver with sterling gray colors.
A Tasteful Black Tie Affair: Carrin & Aleksey
We love classic weddings with white wedding gowns, tiered cakes, glittering diamonds, classic tuxedos, and tearful toasts. We love the timeless elegance of these black and white invitations. The matte black gate card and glittering seal are timeless. We love the modern, clean font paired with the looping, swirling cursive bride and groom names. It makes us think of a ballroom dancefloor full of waltzing wedding guests and bubbling champagne flutes.
Rustic and Romantic: Michael & Cecily
We love weddings that indulge a rustic and refined look. These gold and mint invitations make the perfect austere, chic statement by pairing a delicate font with ivory burlap and string ribbon. We also love the creative touch of adding icons to the wedding day itinerary card. It’s a small, but engaging touch that makes these sophisticated invites feel personal too.
Bold and Delicate: Chiara and Brian
These black and white striped invitations make a powerful statement. Paired with the delicate, floral envelope interior, these invitations are the perfect combination of something bold and something new. This theme is carried through the deign with the use of a cursive font and traditional print. As an extra touch, the itinerary card, with its iconic imagery is memorable and functional.
The Perfect Pop of Color: Deborah and Matthew
A spring wedding is all about adding a pop of color. We love the salmon colored response card envelope included in this romantic invitation. Not only is the bright envelope an eye-catching touch, there are so many small details that make this invitation unique – the pairing of the white lace and rustic string, the silver beads attached to the bride and groom’s names, and the imagery next to the response card’s meal selections. Each detail makes this a completely unique invitation that will never be matched or duplicated.
Flowers and Filigree: Nicole and Joseph
The black, white, and gold colors of these invitations are timeless, but what is so unique is the pairing of a fabric wrapped pocket fold (YES, we said FABRIC wrapped!!) with the black and gold filigree border, ivory silk ribbon, white floral adornment, and slanted cursive script. Don’t forget the FABULOUS flower and ribbon embellishment covering the silk front! The overall look is timeless and sophisticated.
A Unique touch of Fabric: Nadine and Christopher
A mocha pocket card, ginger and warmed pink accents make these invitations striking and sophisticated. To add an extra touch of romance and grace, the salmon fabric – yes, fabric cut by hand!! – gives unexpected texture to this inviting suite’s border. These invitations make us think of a post wedding stroll through the streets of Paris.
Romantic and Refined: Mollie and Bryan
Graphite meets regal champagne and classic ivory in this romantic and refined suite. The metallic champagne pocket fold is the perfect packaging for the delicate script and floral border accents that appear on the crisp ivory invitation. Packaging it all together in a vellum band with graphite grosgrain ribbon! It is the perfect way to seal and send this exciting announcement.
Ribbons of Lace and Pears in Place: Kristen & Douglas
The golden hues of this wedding invitation express perfectly just how special this wedding is going to be. The delicate ivory lace and silk ribbon, along with the pearl beads incorporated into the design almost make us wonder if we are seeing a sneak peak of the bride’s wedding gown. The faintest hints of pink lines that adorn the stationery are reminiscent of a blushing bride. This invitation is the perfect embodiment of a romantic themed wedding.
We have been so fortunate to work with so many creative and thoughtful brides and grooms to help them plan their one-of-a-kind wedding invitations. Thank you to all of our clients for letting us share your special days with you. Here’s to ten more years of wonderful memories!
Labor Day is now behind us, and you know what that means: The Fall season is upon us! Breathe in the scent of pumpkin spice lattes, pull your fuzzy boots out of the back of your closet, and line up your fantasy football draft! We loved the pale pinks, opulent golds, and ethereal greens of our summer wedding color pallets, but it’s now time to turn toward the color combos that are going to rock weddings this Fall. Whether you are planning a Fall wedding, or simply planning to attend, we have the rundown on all you need to know about this season’s hottest color trends.
Trend # 1: Earth Tones – Lime Green, Aqua, and Cappuccino
What we love about earth tones is how natural and organic they make everything feel. After all, there is nothing artificial about true love, right? Expect to see tasteful brides wearing creams and eggshell whites accompanied by bridesmaids wearing sage greens, or jeweled blues. Look for bouquets with lots of greenery, and invitations with subtle coffee browns and pops of lime and aqua. It makes us want to pull a cozy sweater over our heads just thinking about these cool, classic color combos!
The pale lavenders we loved so much this summer are being upgraded to deep, bold, opulent eggplants. Expect to see floral bouquets with shades of dark purple and pops of white, and bridesmaids wearing jewel-toned, richly hued purples. Watch for stationery sets with bold purples offset by gentle pinks and periwinkle blues. This color pallet makes us think of grandiose ballrooms, decadent desserts, and sparkler sendoffs!
Trend # 3 Bold Romance – Royal Blue, Raspberry, and Pale Pink
For the boldest brides, expect to see vibrant royal blues, coupled with sweet raspberries and soft, pale pinks. This non-traditional Fall color pallet will allow brides to extend the Summer season while still evoking thoughts of cooler nights, and impending frosty mornings. Look for royal blue bridesmaids’ dresses, brides carrying vibrant pink bouquets with pale pink cheeks and lips, and stationery that pops shades of pink offset by warm tans and browns. This pallet makes us want to give our strappy summer sandals one more chance to show-off our hot pink Pedis!
Are you planning a Fall wedding? What colors will send you down the aisle this season? Tell us in the comments below!
Join us on September 13th at 8:30 p.m. for Your Chance to Win!
When you hit a major milestone like a ten-year diamond anniversary, you simply can’t celebrate for only one day! That’s why we have been celebrating our anniversary all year long! To keep the party going, we will be celebrating our tenth anniversary on September 13 from 8:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. with a Facebook Pop-up Party!
Online pop-up parties are the latest trend in home shopping! No need to travel, or even leave the comfort of your own home! Just view our Facebook page at 8:30 p.m. on September 13th to virtually attend our event. Stay in your PJs and pop-in, and pop-out of the event as many times as you want, but we think you’ll want to stay tuned-in for a chance to win one of many free prizes that we’ll be giving away!
The hour long event is just another way that RSVP to me is thanking our past and current clients, colleagues, fans, and friends who have supported us and helped us to grow over the past ten years. During the digital celebration we will be playing trivia, sharing information about our latest RSVP to me endeavor – our online retail store – and giving away free prizes!
We will be featuring our relaxing spa products, personalized stationery products and customizable special occasion gifts and keepsakes throughout the event. Several lucky trivia players will win a free Spa gift from our line of soothing bath products. In addition, one lucky attendee will win a free massage from The Fountain Spa, just for attending!
We will also provide information on how to place an online order for one of our new online products, which include:
Customized Wedding & Special Occasion Albums and Guest Books
- Fully customizable – choose a silk color, adornment, brooch,
and monogram style to truly make the memorable piece your own.
- Items make great gifts, or treat yourself to something special.
Personalized Stationery Products
- Customizable products include notepaper, notebooks, tea trays, luggage tags, coasters, and more.
- Each item can be personalized with your name or a special message.
- Items make perfect gifts for weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, engagements, first days of school, and graduations.
Relaxing Spa Products
- Treat yourself or someone you love to an indulgent bath product.
- Soothe your mind and soul with a set of bath fizzies, give the gift of warmth with a heavenly hands kit, or send yourself to dream land with a peaceful dreamzzz lavender sachet.
No pre-registration is required for the Pop-up Party event. Just be sure to like to our RSVP to me Facebook page and make sure that you don’t miss any updates or chances to win, by updating your news feed preferences to see our posts first:
- Click on your Facebook page’s News Feed Preferences
- Click “Prioritize who to see first”
- Select RSVP to me
- Click “Done”
Check out our Facebook page between 8:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. on Tuesday September 13, play trivia, and win!
We hope to see you there!
RSVP to me is thrilled to announce that you can now purchase customizable, personalized special occasion gifts from our new Shopify website! We believe in celebrating special occasions all year long, in memories that last a lifetime, and in giving gifts that are personal and special. To help you celebrate all of life’s special occasions, we offer customizable special occasion gifts!
Customized Wedding & Special Occasion Albums and Guest Books
These special occasion album and guest books can be customized and personalized in every possible way! Choose a silk color for your padded photo album. From tasteful ivory, to elegant gold, to fun and funky mauve, you can choose from a wide variety of silk colors. Next, choose your adornment. From lace ribbons to cashmere moire frills, to silk bows, choose the adornment that you love the most. Add a jeweled brooch for a glimmer of flair! Finally, monogram the item with any of our available monogram styles to truly make the memorable piece your own. Each item in this collection is customizable, from albums, to photo frames, to guest books to ring bearer pillows! These pieces make great gifts, or treat yourself to something special!
Personalized Stationery Products
We are partial to stationery, which is why we adore these customizable products! Notepaper, notebooks, tea trays, luggage tags, and coasters can all be personalized with your name or a special message. For those most special occasions, consider a personalized photo puzzle, customized iPhone case, or special school lunchbox. These items make perfect gifts for weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, engagements, first days of school and graduations. Whether giving a gift or treating yourself, these personalized items are unique and special.
Relaxing Spa Products
Treat yourself or someone you love to an indulgent bath product! Soothe your mind and soul with a set of bath fizzies, give the gift of warmth with a heavenly hands kit, or send yourself to dream land with a peaceful dreamzzz lavender sachet.
Check out our Shopify site today for even more personalized products and shop for any special occasion!
Your son or daughter’s Bar/Bat Mitzvah is a beautiful, memorable event in your lives. Planning an event of such scale and importance can feel overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be stressful. As with any large-scale event planning, the most important thing you can do to remain stress-free is to stay organized. With proper planning and by following a goal-oriented timeline, you’ll be able to plan and execute a memorable event that honors your child while remaining stress-free. To stay organized and plan a memorable Mitzvah, follow our recommended planning timeline below.
- Schedule the date of your Bar/Bat Mitzvah with your Synagogue at least two years in advance. It won’t be too early to book a date on its calendar.
- Set your budget. Your budget will help you make choices on all other factors from your total number of guests, to your venue, to your meal selection.
- Form your guest list. Depending on the scale of the event, be sure to include family, friends, and everyone who has impacted your son or daughter’s path to adulthood.
- Reserve your venue, caterer, photographer, and stationer at least 18 months in advance. You can typically wait to reserve your DJ or band until a year prior to the event. Make sure that you choose a venue that is appropriately sized, based on your guest list.
- Decide on a theme. The theme of the Mitzvah should reflect the unique personality of your son or daughter, so be sure to get your child’s input. Remember a theme is more than just a color scheme. Consider incorporating your child’s hobbies or favorite sports teams. Provide your theme to the reception hall, caterer, and stationer so they can help to provide you with inspiration and creative ideas.
- If you expect to have a lot of family and friends who will be traveling from out of town, reserve a block of hotel rooms 9 months in advance.
- Send save the date cards eight to twelve months in advance. A Mitzvah is a special event, and you want as many loved ones in attendance as possible. Encourage your guests to plan in advance for the day of the event so that they can make arrangements to attend.
- Book with a florist six months in advance. Share with your florist information about your theme, including colors and style preferences. Show your florist your save the date invitation so he/she can get a sense of your theme and coordinate decorations accordingly.
- Plan and order your favors. Make sure all of your guests leave with a memorable souvenir of your son or daughter’s special day.
- Six to eight weeks before the event, send your formal invitations. Include RSVP cards or instructions to make sure you can track final attendance. Ask for all responses to be received three weeks before the day of the event.
- One-month prior, create hotel packages for out-of-town guests. Include candy and sweets that are locally made, maps of the area, brochures and coupons for local activities and attractions, and bottles of water.
- Start working with your child to practice for the ceremony. Have him/her practice in front of several family members in different settings. It will help him/her to get comfortable reading the prayers and passages. Schedule a rehearsal with your Synagogue to make sure everyone involved in the ceremony knows how the event will play out.
- Plan your seating chart. Place family members and friends from out of town who don’t often see each other at the same table so that they can spend extra time together.
- Compile a list of songs for your DJ or band. Ask for input from your son or daughter to make sure his/her friends hear songs that make them excited to dance.
- Confirm your final guest list and provide your final total number of guests to your caterer.
- Write your speech. If you will be giving a speech for your child during the event, spend some time crafting your message in advance. Practice reading your speech out loud as well. Speaking at your son/daughter’s event may be an emotional experience, so the more familiar you are with your speech, the more comfortable you will feel presenting during the event.
A Bar/Bat Mitzvah marks a coming of age for young people in the Jewish community. Mitzvahs are incredibly proud moments for parents. Make sure you get to enjoy each and every moment by staying organized and identifying the key steps in your planning process and the timing for completion of each item. By managing your time, you can make sure your son or daughter is celebrated and honored at a memorable ceremony you will never forget.
Is your summer calendar booked for every available weekend with invitations to bridal showers and weddings? Will you have the honor of serving as a bridesmaid in any of this summer’s festivities? Or, will you be the one walking down the aisle and saying “I do?” Whether you will be a guest, an attendant, or the bride-to-be, we are in the midst of wedding season! If you are a trend spotter (or a trend setter), then you likely want to know what colors you should expect to see gracing the runways (or rather, the flower-petal-strewn carpets) of wedding events this summer. Be in the know with our 2016 Summer Wedding Color Trend Guide.
We are spotting three important color trends this summer: shades of pewter and silver, rustic, earth tones, and pale grays and pinks. Each one offers a softer, more natural, and more feminine and sophisticatedly refined color theme than we have seen the past few summers.
Pewter and Silver
Pewter and silver wedding themes allow the bride to shine. Surrounded by soft, muted shades of gray, white wedding dresses sing with elegance, rather than compete with bright, vibrant shades of poppy pinks, sunny yellows, and bold cobalt blues and deep jewel tones as we have seen the past few seasons. The idea of a bride being surrounded by shades of gray is reminiscent of engagement rings, modern tuxedos, and the comforting interior of traditional chapels and synagogues. Shades of gray weddings offer sophistication, simplicity, elegance and traditional style elements (Photo courtesy Fabmood.com).
Outdoor weddings are one of the blessings of the summer! For brides who want to be surrounded by the natural beauty of nature, rustic earth tones of deep greens, earthy rust, soft khakis, and warm sage compliment a bohemian dress, a farm-to-table catering approach, and elegant, but simple outdoor seating.
Rustic colors are the perfect complement to barn weddings, vineyard settings, and intimate backyard gatherings. (Photo courtesy Fabmood.com).
Pale Grays and Pinks
Cool summery grays are popping-up again this summer, this time, complementing romantic pale blush tones, pink hydrangeas, and silky ivory linens.
We love the look of gray groomsmen’s suits with pale pink ties. It is elegant, classy, and completely seasonally appropriate for warm summer afternoons and cool summer evenings. To add a special touch to your color pallet, add hints of gold. With vibrant, but minute sparkles of gold contrasting white, gray, and pale pink, your wedding theme will touch every heart in attendance (Photo courtesy Fabmood.com).
RSVP to me has partnered with some trendy brides in the past and has had an opportunity to design stationery sets with similar color pallets. Check out some of our favorite shades of gray, rustic, and pale pink dessert tables and day of stationery in the photos below!
Shades of Gray
Gray and Pink
Pink and Gold