Your fur baby is a member of your family, and now that you are officially updating your relationship status to “married,” you want your pet to be a part of your special day as your twosome becomes a permanent threesome. If you’re looking for some cute—but not over the top—ways to incorporate your pet into your special day, we’ve compiled a list of inspiring ideas.
1. Include your pet in your invitations and day-of stationery. The possibilities for save-the-date notices and wedding invitations are endless if you work with a stationer who creates custom designs. Ask to incorporate a photo of your little loved one into your invitations and day-of stationery to make them truly personal.
2. Include Fido in Your Wedding Photos. Everyone wants a photo of the bride on her wedding day. Why wouldn’t your pet want his chance to be by your side on your special day too? Plus, the image will be frame-worthy for your home as you begin your new lives together.
3. Incorporate Your Pet into Your Ceremony. This suggestion is best suited for pet moms whose dogs are spot-on with their obedience. If you can train your dog to walk down the aisle (with your rings tied in a pouch around his neck—OMG the cuteness!) or sit calmly in a chair without barking during the ceremony, then you can enjoy all of your loved ones celebrating your special day with you.
4. Give Your Pet Unofficial Photographer Duties. Having a casual outdoor reception? Invite your pet and strap a GoPro camera to his collar. When you watch the footage later, you’re bound to find some wonderfully candid moments captured from a dogs-eye-view.
5. Have Your Pet Escort Your Flower Girl. Little ladies can feel a lot of pressure when distributing flower petals down a long aisle. Give them a confident companion by allowing them to walk down the aisle with a well-trained, pup who can keep a slow pace.
6. Carry Your Toy-Sized Pup Down the Aisle Instead of Flowers. Something old, something new, something borrowed, something…furry? Why not?! If your pup is the most special “person” in your life (aside from your new SO that is), why not place a collar of flowers around his or her neck and carry your pup down the aisle. Note: This works better with a Yorkie than a Newfoundland.
7. Let Your Pet be Your Escort. If your fur baby is your horse and you’re planning a rustic, cowboy-inspired ranch wedding, let your horse carry you or your groom down the aisle—or off into the sunset after the ceremony.
8. Incorporate Your Pet’s Image into Your Wedding Décor. Imagine a cake topper with a bride, groom, and man’s best friend, or coasters or escort cards with your pet’s likeness. If your fur baby can’t be with you on your special day, it’s a wonderful way to keep them close and in your mind.
If you know you want to incorporate your pet into your wedding and want to start with your save-the-date announcements, invitations, or day-of stationery, contact the wedding invitation design experts at RSVP to me today!